DIY iPhone 5 Printable Case Photoshop Tutorial
What you will need:
- Clear iPhone 5 case
- Cardstock paper or regular paper
- iPhone 5/s case template- HERE
- Patterns, & etc.
1. Open iPhone case template in Photoshop. Use the move tool and click on the template you want to edit.
2. In the layers panel double click on the smart object then click ok.
3. Photoshop should open up your smart object case template in a new window.
4. Drag and drop a your texture, wallpaper or etc onto your layer. Holding shift on your keyboard drag the wallpaper over to fit your canvas. I'm using a iPhone wallpaper from cuptakes app.
6. Right click on your new layer and choose create a clipping mask.
7. Once you have done your clipping mask go to file- Save. Once you have saved click the x on window to close out the smart layer template.
8. Once you go back to your DIY iPhone case template it should look like this. Repeat the steps 2-7 to finish the other 5 smart object templates.
9. Once you are done your template should look like this.
10. Now we want to turn it into a PDF file for better printing. Go to File-Automate-PDF Presentation.
11. Under source files click Add Open Files then click on save.
12. Name your PDF file then click save.
13. Choose View PDF after saving. Then click Save PDF.
14. Once its done saving and opens in a PDF file viewer you are ready to print. File print. In the settings under print handling make sure its set to None. That is very important.
Once you have your cases printed out you will need to cut each case out.
Place the cut out case inside your clear case.
Using a pencil trace around the edge for the camera opening.
For this part I would use a hole punch for smooth edge, but I don't have one, so I'm going to be using a carving knife to cut the camera hole out.
Once you are done, place the printable case back into your transparent case then pop your iPhone right in. Do not glue them in. The phone will hold it in place and this makes it easy for you to be able to change your case template out anytime.